What we have to offer
Our Library has so much more than books!
We have magazines and newspapers, online databases, electronic downloadable books, videos, music CDs, museum passes, Internet computers, free WiFi access, and more. We have a separate children’s room and a friendly staff in all areas to help you.
As of June 2010, our collection included:
- 40,380 items including: 35,594 print volumes 2,794 DVDs 1,449 audiobooks and 498 music CDs
- 126 print magazine & newspaper subscriptions
- 3533 online newspapers worldwide
- 2751 online titles for obituaries
- Discounted passes to 16 Museums
- Access to 2,000 downloadable audiobooks and 2,700 ebooks.
Here is a breakdown of our collections
- Books for adults includes fiction, mysteries, science fiction & fantasy, short stories, paperbacks, biographies, nonfiction, reference materials, large type books and local history collection.
- Books for young adults - fiction, biographies, nonfiction and graphic novels
- Books for children - picture books, easy readers, fiction, biographies, nonfiction, reference books
- Newspapers and magazines for adults, young adults and children
- Audiobooks for adults, young adults, and children (CDs and downloadable audiobooks), including fiction, nonfiction, biographies and language instruction
- Music CDs (limited)
- Music CDs and for children and teens
- Museum Passes - art and science museums, historic sites, zoos, botanical gardens, and more)
- Online Resource databases - include articles from magazine and newspaper, plus information on art, literature, science, health, history, genealogy, business, current events, consumer reports and more.
How is a library online resource database different from a website